About Me

My photo
I'm 30 years old and, even though some people hate the idea of leaving their 20s, I embrace getting older (I like to think I get better with age!). My entire world revolves around my two amazing, full-of-life, little boys- Jake and Eli; I never believed in love at first sight until I held those beautiful boys in my arms. I'm a passionate person and give 100% in everything I do, whether it's parenting, my job, or my relationships. I am extremely competitive, driven, and motivated... I really, really hate to lose. I love my God, my family, and my country. Enjoy cooking, writing, reading, and baseball- especially the Texas Rangers. I'm extremely interested in getting to know people/people development and ask daily questions on Twitter to aid in this endeavor. I'm constantly trying to better myself; I never want to stop growing as a person. I'm terrified of complacency, but have an ability to find happiness in any situation. Bloom where you're planted. I love life and believe in experiencing it to the fullest. I'm learning as I go and definitely having a ton of fun along the way!

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Dear Pinterest...

Dear Pinterest,

I wanted to take a moment to tell you just how much you mean to me...

For years I have resorted to Google for things like recipes, crafts, and other general hobby needs.  But there's just so much to sort through on there; it can seem cluttered, overwhelming.  But with you, things are different.  I type in a key word and almost instantly in view are pictures of your brilliant suggestions from people of all ages and races and backgrounds.  You, my dear Pinterest, are everything a social sharing website should be.  You have the resourcefulness of Google without all the muddle; the interaction of Facebook without all of the stalking; the real-time information of Twitter without the word limits and hash-tags. Fun. Interactive.  Resourceful. Informative...Magical... 

You have introduced me to some of our family's new favorite foods- Greek-Style Pork Chops, Skinny Italian Turkey Meatballs, and Oreo-Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies, just to name a few.  You have helped me channel my inner-artist (slight exaggeration, but you HAVE reminded me that I do, in fact, have a creative side), brought out the chef I've always longed to be, and have helped me in my unending endeavor to become supermom - I know I'm not even close, but just this evening Jake referred to my apron as a "cape," that's got to mean something, right?  For these things and so many more, I am eternally grateful.  

The following pictures are my tribute to you...






I guess what I'm trying to say is... Thank You.  I look forward to a long relationship and to spending what is probably TOO much time together in the future.


With Love, your friend and faithful follower,



Amanda


P.S.  Google, if you're reading this, please don't feel betrayed.  You're still my go-to guy for news stories, symptom checkers, and other important info.  In fact, you're still my homepage.  No hard feelings? 










No comments:

Post a Comment