About Me

My photo
I'm 30 years old and, even though some people hate the idea of leaving their 20s, I embrace getting older (I like to think I get better with age!). My entire world revolves around my two amazing, full-of-life, little boys- Jake and Eli; I never believed in love at first sight until I held those beautiful boys in my arms. I'm a passionate person and give 100% in everything I do, whether it's parenting, my job, or my relationships. I am extremely competitive, driven, and motivated... I really, really hate to lose. I love my God, my family, and my country. Enjoy cooking, writing, reading, and baseball- especially the Texas Rangers. I'm extremely interested in getting to know people/people development and ask daily questions on Twitter to aid in this endeavor. I'm constantly trying to better myself; I never want to stop growing as a person. I'm terrified of complacency, but have an ability to find happiness in any situation. Bloom where you're planted. I love life and believe in experiencing it to the fullest. I'm learning as I go and definitely having a ton of fun along the way!

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Jake's Peter Pan Birthday Party




The Invitations




I mixed together a small amount of water and glue, poured the mixture into the bottles, and tipped the bottles to coat all sides.  The glue mixture made the bottles more opaque and created an  "aged" appearance.  I immediately placed a small amount of dirt in the bottles, corked the tops, then shook the bottles to distribute the dirt from top to bottom.  Once dry, I rolled the invitations (see below) and placed inside.
 

Mixed together blue and green glitter as well as green decorative sand to create "Pixie Dust" to help guide our guests' cars to Jake's party.  I used  Tinker Bell confetti and curling ribbon for the decoration.


Invitation by Luna Petunia Designs  LOVE them!



The Party


Rainbow Goldfish and Ranch Dip with blue food coloring
We used "Gold Doubloons" (Vanilla Wafers) to dip into our "Mud Pie"  Recipe follows pictures.
 
I found a plastic pirate hat and used it as a bowl to hold sea salt pita chips.



My sweet Peter Pan!





Cousins!








Such a happy 4-year-old I have!




Neverland painted onto a full-size flat sheet. 


Flying over Neverland!



Peter Pan and Captain Smee :)


Lost Boys' Mud Pie

2 cups creamy peanut butter
1 cup Nutella
1 1/2 cups white chocolate morsels
10-15 Oreos, crushed- reserve a handful for top

Combine all ingredients into a microwave-safe bowl and stir.  
Microwave for 1 minute, remove, and stir.  
If needed, return and microwave in 10-second intervals until melted.  
Store in a seal-able container (I used a glass jar for this project).  
Works great with vanilla wafers, graham crackers, marshmallows, and banana slices.  
Super easy and DELISH!  Definitely a hit at the party.

No comments:

Post a Comment